Because of the threat of harddisk failure and computer viruses, you need to perform regular backups to minimise data loss and interruption to your work. There are 3 things that you need to backup :
1. Backing Up The Program
The latest program can be downloaded from our website anytime. However if you want, you can make a copy of it on a CD or DVD.
- Go to our download page here.
- Download the setup file (instinvcbk10.exe or instinvcbk2007.exe) . Copy this file that you downloaded onto a USB Flash Drive, External Driver or burn it to a CD or DVD .
2. Backing Up The License Key
When you ordered the product, you would have received a license key. You will need the license key every time you install on a new computer.
- Start MS Notepad
- Copy the contents of your order confirmation and license key to MS Notepad
- Save this file as say : “RegistrationInfo.txt”
- Burn this file together onto the same CD or DVD with the Instant Invoice n Cashbook file done above done earlier.
Step 1 and 2 above will allow you to install the registered program on another computer or a reformatted computer.
3. Backing Up Your Database
You need to perform regular backups of your database. It is IMPORTANT that you backup your database to a medium other than your hard disk where your live data resides. In the event that your hard disk is faulty or attacked by computer viruses, if you only have the one backup on the same hard disk, your backup will be gone with it and it defeats the purpose of doing backups.
You can use a USB Flash/ Memory Stick for your backups. With USB memory sticks, you can easily carry with you. You can also use an external drive or a network shared drive. You can also backup to a cloud drive if you have one so you have a copy offsite.
– Start Instant Invoice and click Database | Backup.
– Under the “Backup To” option, click the […] button and point to your backup drive.